A dear friend of mine once told me that she dislikes wearing lipstick because of how it feels on the lips.
Feels foreign. Too high maintenance. Would rather wear clear lip balm instead.
I would have agreed a few years ago, but the latest lippies are no longer what they used to be. Feeling inspired, I set out to sum up the lippies that feel as comfortable as a lip balm, super easy to apply and feels weightless. No skill or lip brush required, I promise.
Lippies that even a minimalist would approve of.
Here are some of my favourites (I suggest starting with Burts Bees & working your way down the list)
- Burts Bees Tinted Lip Balm – available in a wardrobe of “my lips but better” shades.
- Jane Iredale Just Kissed Lip Cheek Stain – long lasting moisturising lip balm that works with your skin pH levels to create a custom flushed tint.
- Face of Australia Sheer Gloss Lip Crayon – glides on smoothly, coating lips with an incredibly moisturising yet lightweight tint.
- Burberry Lip Mist – super lightweight lipstick that dresses lips with a veil-like translucence.
- Dior Addict Iconic Lipstick – a highly addictive hydrating gel formula giving lips a moist shiny veil
Do you shy away from lipsticks because of their texture? Do you like your lippies to feel weightless?
Designed by yours truly: Akisa