Aside from blogging at Beauty Swatch, I have a day job in a completely different industry and am quite successful in what I do. One of the things I am best known for is turning something complex into something that is “easily digestible” for people whose existence depends on it. I am also known for being able to survive when thrown in the deep end, and navigate my way through the thick of it all.
The most frequently asked question I get from people is how I manage to stay calm, collected and focused in the corporate world (which doesn’t make sense half of the time). And when they discover I run BeautySwatch.com, they become more intrigued on how I manage the juggling act between work and being an influencer online.
Blogging has done wonders for me in more ways that I ever imagined, and it has ended up becoming a game-changer in both my professional and social circles. Here are the top 10 things blogging has done for me, and I invite you to share your list too on how blogging has influenced your life.
10 ways blogging has influenced my life
- Surprised myself in what I have managed to achieve through gut instinct and evolve by taking leaps of faith.
- Raised the bar on what I want to achieve outside of my career.
- Given me an outlet to channel my creativity
- Pursue my passion for digital & social media
- Enabled me to connect with people on another level, and discover so many people out there with really interesting hobbies / goals that they would not have otherwise opened up to others
- Stretching myself in setting my goals has been invaluable in helping me apply structure when there is chaos & navigate through challenges
- Evolved me into an influencer – both socially, online and at work
- Distract me from tough days at work by keeping me focused on blogging goals
- Made me more comfortable with myself, and improved my confidence.
- Met an incredible bunch of smart and sassy bloggers who share our (unhealthy) obsession for beauty.
Has your blogging journey been a key influence in your life? Share your list with us!