As the editor of Beauty Swatch, I test a lot of lipsticks and struggle to name favourites. But when it comes to picking lippies for the office, I find myself reaching for a smaller selection and leave the rest at home that are too high maintenance for work. Seeing as I get asked ALL the time to name my favourites, I thought I’d start off with my top picks for the office, as the occasion dictates which formula, intensity and texture I go for.
In no particular order, here are my top 5 picks for the best lipstick & lipgloss formulas for work that looks polished, stays moisturised in air conditioning and requires minimal maintenance.
1. MAC Sheen Supreme Lipstick – pigmented yet moisturising lipstick with high sheen
2. ESTEE LAUDER Pure Colour Crystal Lipstick – for those want both pigment and subtle shimmer
3. BOBBI BROWN Treatment Lip Shine SPF 15 – really wearable & flattering daily lip tints
4. DIOR Addict Lipstick – a waxy finish that is in between a lip balm and lipstick with a plump jelly finish
5. ELIZABETH ARDEN Ceramide Ultra Lipstick – the BEST plumping & smoothing lipstick!
I’ve deliberately excluded glosses without applicator wands, as not everyone carries a lip brush with them, and sticky fingers are not cool.
1. CLINIQUE Vitamin C Lip Smoothie – for a daily dose of Vitamin C on your lips
2. BENEFIT Ultra Shine Lip Shine – subtle hues but high in shine & eye catching glimmer
3. ESTEE LAUDER Pure Color Gloss – sophisticated sheer shine
4. MAC Kissable Lipcolour – a pigmented creamy gloss that oozes confidence & looks polished
5. DIOR Addict Ultra Shine Lipgloss – ultra shiny & pigmented, the kind of gloss you could have easily spend a life time collecting.
And that wraps up my first ‘Top Picks” post! I’d love to know your favourites too!
What are your top picks for lipsticks & glosses for work?