Range: Rouge in Love
Shade: Rouge in Love #159B
Swatched by yours truly: Yishan
- Quite often I will buy lipsticks for the sake of swatching, but every now and again I can’t resist the urge to tick off a lippie or two on my lust list. And that is shade #159B from Lancome Rouge in Love.
- The reason I love this range so much that I’ve bought several shades (and I can easily feel more coming), is that it’s a fusion of a featherlight texture, and long-wearing pigment that stays vibrant even hours layer. It also melts on application, giving lips long lasting moisture and a juicy shine.
- Available in 21 shades, the collection is categorised into three groups Jolis Matins (fresh shades for daytime wear), Boudoir Time (pop shades for cocktail hour), and Tonight is My Night (deep shades for night wear) to make it easier to decide on a shade.
- 159B Rouge in Love is a vibrant red that looks red coral when muted, and when layered on it builds into a bright red that’s lighter than a classic red.
- Other shades in the range: I also swatched shade #163 “Dans ses Bras”, and recently purchased shade #340 “Rose Boudoir” – stay tuned for the swatch coming soon.
- Verdict: With 3 shades now in my hands, I am feeling the itch to try the plummy shades such as #391 “Fiery Attitude”
When swatched over Maybelline Baby Lips, the muted finish looks coral red on me. But when applied on dry lips, the red is intensified into a really bright red.
RRP: $45 AUD
I purchased this product.