Brand: Mecca Cosmetica
Range: Lip De-Luscious SPF25 Hydrating Lip Protectant
Swatched by yours truly: Yishan
- Lip De-Luscious is a botanical-rich lip balm with ingredients such as pomegranate seed oil, vitamin E and hyaluronic acid to fill lips with hydration and improve lip condition.
- Also features evening primrose, calendula, avocado and jojoba oils for nourishment.
- Feels rich & luscious, instantly coating lips with moisture both within & on the surface, giving lips a smooth film great as a base under lipstick.
- Many people describe the scent as a “sweet lolly”, but since I don’t eat much candy I liken it to a sweet buttery scent that’s only noticeable on application.
- Lasts quite well on moisturised lips, so if your lips are parched I recommend applying several layers letting each layer absorb until your lips are back to their usual selves.
- Verdict: I have been meaning to try this lip balm for many years but just never got around it. When I saw that how amazing this looked on people’s lips at my “Find your perfect lipstick” event sponsored by Clinique at Mecca Maxima, I knew I had to get my hands on it. It’s one of the best lip balms for wearing under lipstick, as the surface is really rich & pliable, making it a great base for ALL lipstick formulas – sheer, creamy, matte and long lasting formulas – as it doesn’t let the pigments slip & lets you build coverage easily. A must-try for the lippy lover.
Check out a recent swatch I did using this lip balm underneath.
RRP: $28 AUD (12g) available from Mecca Cosmetica (Australia)
This product was provided for consideration.