Brand: Shu Uemura
Range: Rouge Unlimited (Holiday Collection by Wong Kar Wai)
Shade: Pink Flush (Limited Edition)
Swatched by yourstruly: akisa
- Shu Uemura has collaborated with acclaimed Hong Kong filmmaker Wong Kar Wai for this year’s holiday collection
- The poetic, dreamy and nostalgic theme of this collection is captured in Wong Kar Wai’s film Mask, an exclusive short film created for the collection
- The lipsticks in the collection are inspired by the glimmer of the festive season, featuring 3 shades – Rouge Lustre, Pink Flush & Glitter Fuse.
- High in shine and moisture, this lipstick is incredibly lightweight, as with all Shu Uemura lipsticks.
- Pink Flush is a light neutral pink with subtle golden shimmers, and gives that “milky translucent look” without actually being a cream texture.
- Verdict: Pale lipstick can look trashy if the texture is too creamy and opaque. What I love about Pink Flush is that it’s a more elegant take on the pale lip and the neutral pink makes this suitable for pink & yellow skintones. Even with direct application it isn’t too streaky on medium toned lips, but for a perfect finish I recommend concealing lips for a flawless finish.
Swatched directly with no lip balm
RRP: $52 AUD
Available on counters in Australia today
This product was sent for consideration.