Brand: The Gloss Bar
Swatched by yours truly: Yishan
- The Gloss Bar are a Brisbane based makeup and hair styling studio with their own boutique range of lipsticks, glosses and glazes.
- Their lipsticks are enriched with Vitmain E and available in 4 formulas – cream satin, hi-gloss, pearl and matte.
- I was offered to try Vixen, a deep blue red in a cream formula, and was pleasantly surprised by the amazing pigment, high grip finish that leaves lips looking sculpted.
- Whilst the scent and taste is similar to most budget brands, the rich pigments will appeal to makeup artists that need to create a high definition lip.
- I like the matte black packaging, but I’m not a fan of the way the logo is printed on the cap as it lacks character for a lipstick that’s priced only a few dollars off lipsticks from well known brands such as Napoleon Perdis and Clinique.
- Verdict: Being a boutique brand, I imagine this lipstick range will appeal to customers of The Gloss Bar makeup artists who wish to re-create their looks using the same products. Vixen is so pigmented that you don’t need any lip liner, just a lip brush to apply evenly for longer lasting results. As it’s only light in moisture, I recommend prepping lips with a moisturising lip balm before hand.
Applied over a layer of Mecca Cosmetica Lip De-Luscious.
RRP: $31 AUD
Available from The Gloss Bar
This product was provided for consideration.