After tuning into a whole year of lip swatches, I bet you’re wondering which ones are my favourites beneath the objective reviews. Whilst I do love finding gems in budget brands, there’s nothing like a sophisticated formulas to make me go weak at the knees. Here are my top favourite lip products that were featured on Beauty Swatch in 2013 in no particular order. To view last year’s picks, visit my Top 10 Lippies of 2012 post.
1. Burberry Lip Velvet – A soft wearable matte that gives lips a soft focus demure finish. Great for those that want an everyday matte finish without looking over dressed.
2. Bobbi Brown Sheer Lip Color – Bobbi Brown’s take on the sheer lipstick trend doesn’t compromise on pigment nor longevity. Blends seamlessly into every crevice of your lips making it almost believable that your lips are naturally in that colour.
3. Chanel Rouge Allure Moire – My favourite shade “Indecisé” is the ultimate sophisticated pearl nude that looks stunning in all angles of lighting.
4. Chantecaille Lip Chic – Hands down the most moisturising lipstick I’ve ever tried that keeps my lips soft all day. Also the only lipstick I’ve come closest to hitting pan since my blogging.
5. ck one shine lipstick – The translucent yet lip hugging sheer formula makes even the trickiest of colours look flawless with no slippage or settling into lines.
6. Clinique Chubby Stick Intense – The ultimate low maintenance lippie in a range of punchy colours that doesn’t require lip balm, lip brush or lip liner whatsoever.
7. Sisley Hydrating Long Lasting Lipstick – The most comfortable long wearing moisturising lipstick that makes your lips feel like soft fabric. Shade “Geisha” is my favourite glamour red.
8. Shiseido Lacquer Rouge – my favourite liquid lipstick that provides creamy moist coverage. Comes in a range of “my lips but better” and work appropriate shades for a understated polished look.
10. YSL Rouge Pur Couture The Mats Lipstick – The most luxurious matte finish I’ve tried that gives high definition pillowy lips that you typically see in editorials or runways.