Remember this snippet on my Instagram feed? Laughs aside, the allure of smooth and poreless skin is something that has women searching the world over for products that hide imperfections.
Not so many years ago I was blessed with tighter pores to the extent that some people even believed I had none, and I was blissfully unaware of what it was like to have enlarged pores. As age took its toll year on year, I was mentally prepared to embrace hyper pigmentation and fine lines but I really didn’t expect my pores to enlarge despite living in moderate weather.
The trouble with pores is that they can’t be “removed” as such, but they can managed with products that temporarily minimise their appearance. Garnier’s 5 Sec Perfect Blur (RRP $16.95 AUD) is an affordable option that is a smoothing base perfector with light reflectors that visibly blurs wrinkles, pores, imperfections and reduces shine. It’s designed to be worn after moisturiser and under makeup (or without makeup) for an airbrushed effect.
What they say
Garnier 5 Sec Perfect Blur is not a moisturiser, it is not a foundation, and it is more than a primer. A smoothing and perfecting skincare base with light reflecting technology to reduce the appearance of wrinkles, imperfections, pores and shine.
What I like about the squeeze tube packaging is that the slim nozzle makes it easier to control how much product is dispensed. It’s more hygienic than pot packaging, and you can get every drop out compared to pump packaging. The 22ml size is also travel friendly so you can get picture-perfect skin while on short trips or holidays.
- It’s light pink when first squeezed out of the tube, but blends quickly into the skin without a trace, and instantly creates a blurred airbrushed effect.
- It did a pretty good job of blurring pores and an even better job of blurring fine lines. I shall leave you to be the judge from the before/after pics of the back of my hand and cheek.
- Leaves skin feeling velvety smooth with a diffused matte appearance. It sat comfortable on my dry skin type, so I can’t really comment on how it controls shine.
- Foundation was a breeze to blend over the base without it sinking into pores.
- Skin appears brighter and photographs better without needing to do as much photoshop.
No photoshopping done on these pics other than cropping. I used a lighter application on my pores, and a heavier application on the back of my hands, which clearly look as though they could do with the help of Garnier 5 Sec Perfect Blur.
What I like about Garnier 5 Sec Perfect Blur is that it instantly brightens and blurs imperfections, helping you achieve picture perfect skin faster than it takes you to choose your favourite filter on Instagram. Whilst it’s only a temporary measure, given how challenging it is to find something as affordable as this that instantly minimizes the appearance of pores, it’s a quick fix alternative that helps your foundation go the extra mile. Give it a try if your skin can handle silicone based primers, and adjust the amount depending on how airbrushed you want the results to be. As with silicone based products, I recommend a thorough cleanse afterwards, either double cleansing or a Clarisonic, whichever you fancy.
Win one of two Garnier prize packs! *** GIVEAWAY CLOSED***
- Each contains 3 x Garnier 5 Sec Perfect Blur products valued over $50.
- Giveaway open to Australian residents only, and ends 5pm AEST Tuesday 6 May 2014.
- To enter, leave a comment on this blog post sharing “Which imperfection do you hope to blur with 5 Sec Perfect Blur and why?”
- The best 3 comments will be shortlisted by Beauty Swatch and the final winner will be chosen by Nuffnang who will ship the prizes.
- To claim the prize, the winners must reply to the winner notification and accept the prize within 48 hours of the winner’s notification, as well as indicate their preferred address for the the prize to be sent. If the winner does not respond within 48 hours, they will forfeit the prize.
- Click here for detailed Terms and Conditions.