Range: Rouge Coco
Shade: Gabrielle #19
Swatched by yours truly: Yishan
A modern interpretation of classic creme lip colour as an homage to the rich life and legacy of ‘Coco’ Chanel
- Rouge Coco lipsticks glides smoothly with a creamy finish, and are surprisingly lightweight despite its vibrant pigment.
- Incredibly comfortable to wear thanks to Hydratendre complex that softens, soothes and conditions lips, making them look plump and smooth.
- You don’t actually need any lip balm underneath this lipstick, unless you want to sheer it out or give lips an extra moisture boost.
- Finishes range from matte to pearl to soft shimmer
- Compared to Rouge Allure, Rouge Coco is more moisturising and slightly less opaque, however Rouge Allure gives lips a bolder & plush appearance – perfect for a statement bold lip.
- Finish appears matte without lip balm but actually has a soft creamy slip when you put your lips together.
- Gabrielle was an interesting red that caught my surprise, because it swatched neutral-toned on the back of my hand, but it wasn’t until I swatched it on my arm & lips that it became clear that it was a very warm red (I have a neutral skin tone).
- Verdict: The warmth in Gabrielle is subtle based on appearance alone, but it really stands out when it’s on my lips. For this reason I recommend trying this on counter & would pick this for warm or olive skin tones rather than neutral or cool skin tones. Other than that, the polished yet comfortable formula makes Rouge Coco a great choice for everyday sophistication.
This product was provided for consideration.