Spice up your red lip this Christmas with rusty red and gold pigments to add dimension. In real life, this looks velvety, almost fabric-like and the gold/rusty red pigments glowed in every direction. In this simple tutorial, I will show you how to achieve this festive look that will make your lips the talk of the town.
- Prep lips with a moisturising lip balm that has minimal slip. I used Maybelline Baby Lips in Cherry Velvet (out in January 2012).
- Conceal lips with foundation using a sponge. I used Face of Australia Mineral Therapy Liquid Foundation in shade Beige.
- Fill your entire lips with a deep red lip pencil using light strokes. I used Bobbi Brown Lip Pencil in Sangria.
- Fill the outer edges of your lip with a deep red hydrating lipstick using a lip brush. For added dimension, choose a lip shade that already light shimmers. I used Bobbi Brown Lip Colour in Jewel Red.
- Optional: Apply a classic red lip shade to the centre of lips for a gradated effect.
- Apply red metallic pigment to the centre of both top and bottom lips & blend well. I used MAC Glitter Pigment in “Reflects Rust”.
- Press gold glitter to the centre of the bottom lip only & blend. I used RMK Ingenious Eyes ME-02 (Gold glitter eyeshadow).
- Apply a tiny amount of gold shimmer to the cupids bow to add dimension & create volume.
- Clean up any uneven edges with a q-tip dipped in eye makeup remover & refine the lip line with either foundation or lip pencil.
* * *
Wishing you all a Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!
This will be my last blog post for 2011.
I will resume blogging in February 2012 once I return from my holiday overseas!
Thanks so much for your support towards Beauty Swatch & I hope to see you back next year~