Brand: ck One
Range: Dark Matter Collection (limited edition)
Shades: Velvet 320, Vinyl 620
Swatched by yours truly: Yishan
- Taking inspiration from embellished leather and velvet, ck One’s Dark Matter Collection features 2 limited edition lip colours in bold rich finishes.
- Vinyl is a described as vinyl red (luscious warm red with a gold sheen), and Velvet a dark berry (purply wine).
- Luminous, saturated colour that glides on silky smooth without drying lips & sets into a satin finish.
- The packaging is minimalist monochrome – half matte black (similar to Nars packaging) and half glossy white.
- Verdict: Vinyl applies more smoothly than Velvet, with Velvet showing tendencies to settle into lip lines (a typical problem in dark wine lipsticks). Vinyl applies beautifully with a gold sheen that would appeal to warm skin tones. Overall I highly recommend ck One lipsticks for those seeking saturated yet satin finish lipsticks & it’s also quite moderately priced.
RRP: $35 AUD limited edition, available exclusively at Myer (Australia)
These products were provided for consideration.