Further to my skincare post last week on serums, this week I share my current moisturisers, eye creams, hydrating mists and lotions that I follow up with after serum. In contrast to what I look for in serums, my approach to moisturisers is focused more on long-lasting hydration as my skin is not only dry but exposed on a daily basis to strong air conditioning all throughout the year. Since developing fine lines, I have found that the right moisturiser makes a huge difference in softening their appearance, skin looks well rested and also helps makeup stay looking fresh throughout the day.
LANCOME Hydra Zen Neo Calm Multi-Relief Anti-Stress Moisturising Cream
- What they say: Provides intense, immediate and continuous moisturisation and soothe sensitive skin. The delicious oil-in-water texture melts onto the skin. Intensely moisturises and lastingly soothes the skin, leaving it soft, smooth and radiant.
- Texture: Oil-in water texture that melts onto the skin, with a calming scent of Rose, Lily of the Valley, Orange, Apple and White Musk.
- My skin concern: Dull looking & dehydrated skin
- My experience: Instantly relieves my dehydrated skin leaving it feel soothed, refreshed, like my skin has been treated to a hydrating mask. Instant radiance boost skin that until a few minutes ago was dry, dull and tired looking.
- Price: This product seems to have been re-packaged as Lancome Hydra Zen Neo Calm Soothing Anti-Stress Moisturising Cream, available here for $75 AUD / 50ml
LA MER The Moisturising Soft Cream
- What they say: Advanced absorption technology and moisturising spheres penetrates deeply, replenishing moisture and strengthening skin. With continued use, skin looks renewed, energised and radiant. Skin will be left soft, smooth and hydrated as well as firmer and younger looking.
- Texture: Weightless feel, as the bond breaks on application. To be patted and pressed gently into skin.
- My skin concern: Dehydration and dullness.
- My experience: The lightweight moisture quenched my dry skin even during warm weather, leaving my skin with a really soft and smooth finish. Acne scars healed quicker than usual. I would have loved to report more on results but my sample was only 7ml.
- Price: $250 AUD / 30ml, $440 AUD / 60ml
LANCOME Génifique Youth Activating Eye Concentrate*
- What they say: Combines Génifique technology with buckwheat extract to help reduce the appearance of fine lines and puffiness around the eyes. Leaves skin around the eyes looking brighter, more refined and radiant.
- Texture: Refreshing gel cream, lightweight.
- My skin concern: Dehydration, tiredness and dark circles from staring at the computer screen too much
- My experience: Refreshes and soothes, also softens fine lines but no brightening effect on dark circles. Doesn’t sting the eye area & doesn’t ball up. If you have dry skin I recommend this for all seasons except winter.
- Price: $85 AUD / 15 ml
- What they say: Oil-free creme that absorbs quickly to bathe the skin in rich hydration, whilst delivering brightening benefits. Contains skin brightening and spot correcting ingredients, and Vitamin C and collagen-building proteins to build elasticity and inner strength.
- Texture: Whipped cream with a floral fragrance.
- My skin concern: Dull looking skin
- My experience: Instantly transforms red, dehydrated skin to brightened, hydrated radiant post-facial skin. Skin also improved in elasticity and resilience. No visible effects on hyper pigmentation.
- Price: $320 AUD/50ml
URIAGE Aqua Precis Moisturising Comfort Cream*
- What they say: Contains 30% Uriage thermal water and provides immediate refreshing sensation and leaves skin moisturised for up to 24 hours. Patented formula protects skin against environmental aggresions thanks to an anti-pollution sheld that maintains a fresh and luminous complexion. Contains extra rich shea butter, but is non-oily and penetrates skin rapidly. Suitable for normal to dry skin.
- Texture: White cream with a buttery consistency
- My skin concern: Dehydration
- My experience: Despite being positioned as a rich cream for dry skin, I found this to only deliver adequate moisture for my dry skin during summer and spring. The formula is simple & friendly towards sensitive skin, making it my go-to skincare to maintain clear skin during the warmer months. I have gone through 2 tubes of this, but will switch to something more hydrating as we’re now soon approaching winter.
- Price: $49.95 AUD / 40ml
URIAGE Thermal Water Spray
- What they say: Exceptionally rich in minerals and trace elements (11g per Litre), it moisturises skin for up to 3 hours, soothes and protects it from free radicals. Naturally isotonic, it respects the integrity of skin cells thus there is no need to pat dry. 100% natural and bacteriologically pure. Suitable for all skin types, even the most sensitive.
- Texture: The 300ml bottle produces the finest mist I have ever tried. You know it’s rich in minerals as it’s slightly salty in taste.
- My skin concern: Dehydration
- My experience: Both my husband and I are hooked on this, particularly after a hot shower, but also to refresh skin in the mornings to add a hydrating boost to help prepare skin to absorb moisturiser. We are on to our 3rd bottle, and have a compact sized one for travelling.
- Price: $26.95 AUD / 300ml
ESTEE LAUDER CyberWhite HD Advanced Spot Correcting Moisture Lotion
- What they say: A treatment lotion that helps prepare the skin to absorb the maximum benefits from treatments that follow, and optimises the benefits of the CyberWhite regime and revitalize skin with hydration as it balances, protects and cushions.
- Texture: Watery lotion that’s best patted onto skin
- My skin concern: Dehydration
- My experience: Hydrating softeners are an essential step in my skincare routine, as it helps prepare skin for maximum absorption of serums and moisturisers particularly if you like layering them. This is one of the most hydrating formulas I have ever tried, and it leaves skin with a slightly tacky finish creating a perfect pathway for serum to work its way through the skin layers.
- Price: $75 AUD / 200ml
Overall each and every one of these products worked as well as they promised, here are the ones I’d recommend:
- ESTEE LAUDER CyberWhite HD Advanced Spot Correcting Moisture Lotion for delivering the most hydration I have ever come across in a softening lotion.
- URIAGE Thermal Water Spray – it’s affordable, rich in trace minerals and simply a delight to mist on particularly after a hot shower.
- LANCOME Hydra Zen Neo Calm Multi-Relief Anti-Stress Moisturising Cream – also affordable and instantly soothes and refreshes skin with a boost of moisture like it’s had a hydrating mask.
- LANCOME Génifique Youth Activating Eye Concentrate – my go to eye cream for warm or moderate weather
- ESTEE LAUDER Re-Nutriv Radiant White Age-Renewal Crème – yes it’s expensive but it instantly delivers a post-facial radiance & improving elasticity.
Products marked with an asterisk were purchased by me, all other products were provided for consideration and the Lancome Hydra Zen cream was a GWP.