Range: Jelly Lip Pen
Shade: Copacabana #516
Swatched by yours truly: Yishan
- Dior Jelly Lip Pens were launched as part of the Birds of Paradise Summer 2013 limited edition collection.
- They’re described as a “colour and shine jelly balm” and give a sheer glossy veil of moisture that’s lightweight and perfect for summer.
- The jumbo pencil is a wind-up applicator, great for quick slicks on the go without needing to be sharpened.
- Whilst it claims to contain the pigment of a lipstick, I’d say that it’s more like the pigment of a sheer lipstick.
- The shade I received – Copacabana – was a sheer translucent nude beige that adds warmth to your lip tone with super fine shimmers that draw light to your lips.
- The texture is buttery smooth, and has a similar jelly texture as the new Dior Addict Be Iconic lipsticks that keeps lips hydrated.
- Compared to Clinique Chubby Stick in “Heaping Hazelnut”, “Copacabana” is similar in shade, perhaps slightly sheerer but delivers longer lasting moisture.
- Available in 4 shades – you can check out the other shades at Paris B’s review at her blog My Women Stuff.
- Verdict: Dior’s Jelly Lip Pen will appeal to those that like their lips dressed in a shimmery veil of moisture with a hint of colour. Personally I like a bit more colour on the lips & prefer the popsicle finish of Dior Addict Be Iconic Lipsticks.
Applied without any lip balm.
RRP: $47 AUD
This product was provided for consideration.