Inspired by my last “Unconventional Nude Lips” tutorial, where I layered two different textures (in an unlikely combination) to achieve an amazing long lasting nude lip, today’s tutorial explores the combination of two very simple but cult classic products – a lip pencil & Clinique’s Chubby Stick in “Heaping Hazelnut”.
The perfect creamy nude lip pencil is one that gives a soft natural nude finish to your lips, but on its own it can be drying as it has limited moisturising properties. I chose Rimmel Exaggerate Full Colour Lip Liner as it’s similar in tone to Clinique’s Chubby Stick in “Heaping Hazelnut”, which is a versatile sheer nude moisturising lip balm that’s wearable on many skin tones as the translucence works with your natural lip tone rather than mask it.
Combine the two together and you get a seemingly effortless soft, natural nude lip that feels moisturising as well. And the best part – no lip brush required!
Easy Nude Lips Tutorial
- Prepare lips with a moisturising lip balm. I used Molton Brown Pep-Rich Lip Booster which moisturises, plumps and protects.
- Define lips with a nude lip pencil, such as Rimmel Exaggerate full Colour Lip Liner “Natural”. Stay close to your lip line if you have well defined lips, or cheat a little until you get your desired volume / symmetry.
- Use soft, gentle strokes to fill in your entire lips with the lip liner. Go easy to avoid a cakey finish.
- The moisturising properties of the lip balm will soften the dryness of the lip pencil. The opacity of the lip pencil should only just cover your natural lip tone.
- Slather on Clinique Chubby Stick in “Heaping Hazelnut” until your lips feel adequately moisturized.
- The result – a soft, natural nude lip with no streaky dry patches.