Range: Rouge in Love
Shade: Midnight Rose #377
Swatched by yours truly: Yishan
- Please welcome my FOURTH shade from the Rouge in Love range, Midnight Rose
- I chose Midnight Rose as it is unlike any other shade I own, a sophisticated fuchsia pink with a magenta twist. Plus I was told it was the top selling shade at Lancome Australia’s Myer counter in Melbourne.
- What drove me to own 4 shades of Rouge in Love (3 out of which were purchased) is the fusion of a featherlight texture and long-wearing pigment that stays vibrant even hours later. It also melts on application, giving lips long lasting moisture and a juicy shine.
- Available in 21 shades, the collection is categorised into three groups Jolis Matins (fresh shades for daytime wear), Boudoir Time (pop shades for cocktail hour), and Tonight is My Night (deep shades for night wear) to make it easier to decide on a shade.
- Other shades I’ve swatched: #340 “Rose Boudoir”, #163 “Dans ses Bras”, and #159 “Rouge in Love”.
- Verdict: I highly recommend it to bold lippy lovers for 3 reasons – (1) It’s a unique twist to the shades people normally expect with a statement lip. (2) It looks flattering on both fair and warm skin tones (as seen on both Molly & Jess “Miss Shopaholic”), and (3) Great for those who are shy about a fuchsia pink lip and need a sophisticated shade to pull it off. With 4 shades now under my belt I feel content, especially ending on a high with Midnight Rose. I wonder which lipstick range will be the next that I start my next collection on…
I purchased this product.