MAC Nocturnals Collection – Black and Gold Pigments and Glitter is a limited edition set that contains five stackable jars – 3 pigments (Naked, Museum Bronze and Copper Sparkle), and 2 glitters (Black and Gold).
- Naked – “fleshy beige with pearl” pigment with a matte finish, and is quite sheer against my skin tone.
- Museum Bronze – “rich taupe with gold pearl” pigment with a frost finish.
- Gold Glitter – “sparkly chunky gold” glitter
- Copper Sparkle – “super frosty copper flecks” pigment with a frost finish.
- Black Glitter – “sparkly chunky black” glitter
Naked and Copper Sparkle are part of the permanent pigments range, and the Gold Glitter and Museum Bronze are part of the permanent MAC Pro range.
My favourite out of the lot is Museum Bronze as it not only has the best colour payoff with a glimmering frosty pearl finish, but it blended incredibly smoothly without any “chunkiness” as was my experience with the other pigments in this collection, which needed to be pressed into the skin for maximum impact.
The Gold and Black glitters lived up to its “chunky” description, and weren’t as reflective as I expected them to be. Seeing as they are not intended for use in the lip or eye area (according to the disclaimer on the packaging), the use of the glitters ventures into the territory of body art which is a stretch for my makeup abilities!
Whilst I swatched these with an eye primer, you can also apply the pigments with a brush – wet or dry.
RRP: $65 AUD
Available at www.maccosmetics.com.au
This product was provided for consideration.