As much as I love indulging in facials, I’m more of a “DIY mask at home” at heart. In my 20’s, the high end masks that left the greatest impression on me were Shiseido The Skincare Moisture Relaxing Mask and Chanel Purifying Cream Mask, as my skin concerns back then were clogged pores and dehydration. Aside from my beloved Alpha-H Liquid Gold Smoothing & Perfecting Mask, which is great for refining the skin texture, my skin has been much more prone to lacking lustre than ever before, and it led me on a mission to find a new mask that could recharge my skin. A quick search online led me to these 2 masks featured today, with rave reviews by all that have tried it.
emerginC Vitality Mask
- What they say: Formulated with coenzyme Q10, alpha-lipoic and vitamins E and H to soothe, hydrate and nourish skin. Ideal fo all skin types, including red, sensitive, dry and tired skin. Excellent to use after sun exposure.
- Texture: Rich, buttery white mask
- My experience: My skin glowed after like a light bulb, looking amazingly recharged, and my skin felt a lot firmer. The results only last for the next day though, and I’d recommend using it the night before a special occasion. The emerginC website recommends using it 1-3 times a week, so it must be safe for frequent use. It also soothed the sensitive bumps that I get from sun allergies (which I get even from limited sun exposure), so I imagine it would be ideal for soothing sunburn.
- RRP: $65 AUD (50ml) available at www.emerginc.com
Rodial Dragon’s Blood Hyaluronic Mask
- What they say: A plumping mask that drenches your skin with hyaluronic acid, plumps fine lines and tightens wrinkles. Formulated with Dragon’s Blood (sourced from the red sap of the ‘sangre de drago’ tree & has soothing and anti-flammatory properties to calm stressed skin. Gransil smoothes imperfections for a smoother and firmer complexion.
- Texture: A gel mask that feels cooling on the skin. Subtle refreshing peach and rose scent.
- My experience: Whilst the moisturising properties still can’t beat my holy grail favourite Clarins Hydra Quench Cream Mask, my skin did look noticeably plumper and more dewy. In terms of firming effects, emerginC Vitality Mask performed better, but the hyaluronic acid boost quenched my tired looking skin giving it a recharged glow.
- RRP: £35.00 (50ml) available at www.rodial.co.uk, I purchased mine from feelunique.com (unfortunately out of stock at time of writing)
The emerginC Vitality Mask is a must have for dull skin lacking lustre or losing elasticity, or skin that’s prone to sun sensitivity. As for the Rodial Dragon’s Blood Hyaluronic Mask, the cooling sensation and plumping effects were pleasant, but I’m not sure I would re-purchase when I get better firming and moisturising results from emerginC and Clarins Hydra Quench Cream Mask.
What are your favourite skin radiance masks?
The emerginC mask was provided for consideration. I purchased the Rodial mask.