Range: Colorstay Ultimate Suede Lipstick
Shades: Cruise Collection, Finale, Trendsetter, Muse, Preview, Womenswear
Swatched by yours truly: Yishan
- A long-wearing lipstick that applies buttery smooth, but sets into a velvety suede finish.
- Thanks to the Shea Butter, Vitamin E and aloe, my lips stayed smooth throughout the day despite the matte finish, with no signs of losing much hydration by the end of the day.
- I recommend applying these to either bare lips, or lips that have fully absorbed their lip balm, as any lip balm residue makes it hard for this formula to set & build coverage.
- Despite the medium-sized round tip, I find it easy to apply without any lip liner, using the edge of the bullet to create a precise edge.
- Of the 20 shades available, I received 6 shades – Cruise Collection (orange coral), Finale (fire engine red), Trendsetter (raspberry), Muse (peony pink), Preview (dusty pink), Womenswear (sheer pink)
- Verdict: Some of you shared with me that this formula dries out lips & looks patchy. Whilst it doesn’t hide lip imperfections, I didn’t find that it accentuated them either, provided that lips are moisturised well beforehand. I found it to be rather comfortable for a velvet suede lipstick – if not more comfortable than Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet lipstick! A must-try for the matte lippy lover.
- GIVEAWAY: Stay tuned for a giveaway of this lipstick range! More details coming shortly.
My favourite shades are Finale & Trendsetter.
The creases in my lips vary in each picture as they were losing steam towards the end of the swatching session.
RRP: $25.95 AUD
These products were provided for consideration.