Brand: Rimmel 芮谜
Range: Apocalips Lip Lacquer
Shades: Star Gazer, Phenomenon, Nude Eclipse, Solstice, Celestial, Nova, Apocalips, Stellar
Swatched by yours truly: Yishan
- Apocalips Lip Lacquer combines the intense colour of a lipstick with a smooth lacquer-like shine, with a luscious liquid packed with pure colour pigments.
- Creamy, conditioning texture with full opaque coverage that sits comfortably and is long lasting. Immediately transforms dry lips to a moist lacquer finish.
- Available in 9 shades – Apocaliptic 303 is the shade worn by Kate Moss in the campaign.
- The applicator features an in-built reservoir (similar to YSL Glossy Stain) helping the lip lacquer to glide on easily and coats lips evenly, so you won’t get any gloopy finish with accidental over-application.
- Tendency to smear on teeth if you apply it too perfectly in inner sections of your lips. I recommend applying a small amount & blotting with a tissue.
- Verdict: Really impressed with this range for a number of reasons – firstly, the nude and gold shades completely concealed my lip tone without any streaks or patches. With a flushed lip tone like mine this is a real treat! Secondly, the texture is not only soft and comfortable but is also conditioning and adds volume to dry tired lips. The only drawback is that the staying power didn’t last on me and the centre of the lips wears off while eating, leaving a ring of liquid lipstick. For this reason (and the tendency to smudge on teeth), my favourite shades are the lowest maintenance ones – Celestial and Solstice.
RRP: $15.95 AUD available in Australia at Priceline, Target, Kmart, Big W, selected Coles and Woolworths and pharmacies.
These products were provided for consideration.