- Supposedly inspired by Japanese laquerware, this liquid lipstick provides opaque coverage in just a few sweeps with a plush moist finish.
- Conceals both lip tone and lip lines evenly without feathering or accentuating dry bits.
- Soothing non-sticky moisturising formula that has a high grip, yet wears comfortably giving lips a plush appearance.
- Although the pigment is long lasting, I find that the moisturising properties are reduced if you drink / eat often.
- RD 203 is a light beige that transforms into a milky nude on my lip & skin tone.
- Verdict: Whilst YSL Glossy Stains have a watercolour finish with a broad shade range, Shiseido’s Lacquer Rouge come in more under-stated shades with a creamy plush lip that looks more polished. I never expected to find a pink beige that would conceal my lip tone flawlessly, let alone find it in a liquid lipstick formula. This shade gets me in the mood for a smokey eye + nude lip!
RD203 looks beige on my skin, but transforms into a milky nude against my complexion.
It might be a closer shade match if you have a warmer skin tone.
I purchased this product.