Nothing says more feminine than a sweet pink lip. The perfect sweet pink in my books is a rosy pink with a bit of warmth that blends seamlessly with your lip & skin tone. Whilst it can be a challenge to find the right “rose pink” lipstick shade, it’s surprisingly much easier to find it in a lip pencil, as many rose pink lip pencils are designed with a lip tone in mind.
When I posted the picture of Step 5 on our Facebook page, so many of you asked what lipstick shade this was! It wasn’t a lipstick, but rather Bourjois Levres Contour (a lip pencil) in “Framboise”. I bought it many months ago to add to my lip pencil collection, and it wasn’t until I came across TheBalm Plump Your Pucker in “Pink My Lemonade” that I had a lightbulb moment to pair the two together. Usually I plan my tutorials ahead to make sure the products work well together, but this was done entirely impromptu and I’m thrilled with the results!
Sweet & Juicy Pink Lips Tutorial
- Prep lips with a moisturising lip balm. I used Molton Brown Pep-Rich Lip Booster, which moisturises, volumises and protects. Define your lips with a lip pencil in a pink shade similar to your lone. Extend slightly beyond your natural lip line to create volume. I used Bourjois Levres Contour Lip Pencil “Framboise”.
- Don’t forget to add volume to your bottom lips too! Stretch your bottom lip to make it easier to see. Connect the sides together, extending beyond the natural bottom lip line.
- Fill in your lips entirely using soft gentle strokes. The moisturising properties of the lip balm helps to soften the dryness of the lip pencil.
- Add a dusting of a shimmery highlighting powder to your cupids bow to make them appear more protruding. Blend with your fingers if needed. I used TheBalm Mary-Lou Manizer.
- Finish off with a coat of plumping lip gloss in a natural pink shade. I used TheBalm Plump Your Pucker “Pink My Lemonade”.
- The plumping ingredients and light reflecting finish (from the highlighting powder, fine gloss shimmers & high shine) will give your lips the alluring illusion of a fuller & juicier pout.
Hope you liked the tutorial!
What’s your favourite perfect pink shade?