Bobbi Brown Sheer Lip Color is a super lightweight lipstick that glides on smoothly and evenly, leaving a sheer glossy tint.
Rejuvenates and nourishes lips with a smooth buttery finish is thanks to Shea Butter, Murumuru Butter and Apricot Kernel oils.
Coverage is semi-translucent and quite pigmented, giving your lips a wash of colour yet looking natural at the same time.
- Katherine describes “Carolina” as a medium brick with a hint of rose. The shade is a creamy semi-glossy finish with no shimmers.
- I also swatched this shade previously – check out my swatch here.
- Thanks Katherine for the lovely swatch!
Posts tagged "brick"
- Viva Glam VI is described as a “terracotta plum with pearl”, a reddish brown shade in a lustre finish.
- The shade is also available in the Lipglass formula.
- Every cent of the selling price of VIVA GLAM Lipstick and Lipglass is donated to the M·A·C AIDS Fund to support men, women, and children living with HIV and AIDS.
- Thanks Livia for the gorgeous swatch!
Brand: Jane Iredale
Range: Lip Crayons
Swatched by yours truly: akisa
- When Adore Beauty contacted me and asked me which lip product I’d like to feature, I picked Jane Iredale to showcase more mineral lip products & chose Lip Crayons as they’re easier to control than pigmented lipstick. Hope you like it!
- Creamy & mineral based, these are pigmented initially, sheer once blended and can be builded up again for more impact.
- Contains botanical oils and waxes to moisturise and condition.
- Available in 5 shades – Tempting (mauve), Tasty (pink), Juicy (peach), Luscious (brown) and Naughty (brick red)
- Verdict: Because this lip crayon is so pigmented, you really need to blend it evenly to control the coverage and avoid it sinking into lip lines. It’s less shiny and higher maintenance than other lip crayons, but in exchange you get a creamy pigmented finish.
Applied on lip prepped with Blistex Complete Moisture Balm & blended with a lip brush.
This product was provided by Adore Beauty for consideration.
Range: Rich Colour Lip Glaze
Shades: Cashmere & Rose Hip Red
Swatched by yours truly: akisa
- Mememe is a UK brand now available in Australia exclusively on www.mememecosmetics.com.au from late October.
- Rich Colour Lip Glaze is available in 5 shades, of which I was sent Cashmere & Rose Hip Red
- Non-sticky, lightweight, rich in colour with a creme-brulee-like fragrance.
- Verdict: Highly impressed with the flattering finish of the lip glaze formula & I love both shades. Cashmere is a more elegant golden beige contrast to yesterday swatch of the very metallic “Captivate”. Rose Hip Red is a lovely autumn red great for “on the go” or days when lipstick feels like too much effort.
- Really hydrating yet ultra translucent and lightweight that enhances the natural tone of your own lips.
- No shimmers, no frost or creams. Just translucent, juicy tinted lips.
- Shade 34 is not listed on the US website, but it’s a red brick shade that’s a lovely autumn shade, or a neutral red for warmer skintones.
- Shade 8 from the same range is what I’m wearing in all my avatars on Twitter, Facebook etc.
- Verdict: If get excited by bold lips but like to keep it subtle, this is the lipstick for you. Highly recommended for those who struggle with lipstick formulas that blend well with your lip surface / lip tone.
This product was sent for consideration.