Range: Color Whisper
Shades: Petal Rebel, Oh La Lilac, Pink Possibilities, Who Wore It Red-er, One Size Fits Pearl, Lust for Blush, Orange Attitude, Mad for Magenta
Swatched by yours truly: Yishan
- Maybelline Color Whispers are a sheer lipstick with a translucent gel formula that doesn’t contain heavy waxes or oils.
- They’re ultra lightweight and glide smoothly leaving a moist sheen.
- Despite the moist gel formula, I didn’t find this moisturising enough for my dry lips and needed to prep lips with lip balm first for a smoother finish. I also disagree with comparison that these are similar to Revlon Lip Butters as the latter is much more buttery with a smoother finish than Color Whisper.
- On my flushed lip tone, the paler shades appeared streaky and accentuated my lip flaws. Whereas the darker shades like Mad for Magenta and Who Wore It Red-er gave my lips a punchy popsicle tint. Orange Attitude is a wearable sheer orange, and Lust for Blush will appeal to those that love their MLBB’s.
- Verdict: If I have to choose one shade to try from this range, it would be Mad for Magenta as it’s a really easy-to-wear magenta that looks good even when sheer & slightly “undone”. The 8 shades featured in this post are the only shades available in Australia, but Berry Ready is another shade I recommend (available overseas) trying if magenta is not your thing.
Apologies I had only photographed 7 out of 8 in the above pic…
Swatched over lip balm.
RRP: $14.95 AUD (Currently on sale at Priceline)
This product was provided for consideration.