Shade: Riri Woo (Retro Matte)
Swatched by yours truly: Yishan
- “Riri Woo” is Rihanna’s take on the cult shade “Ruby Woo”, remixed by Rihanna herself. The lipstick sold out in the US in the first 4 hours!
- I don’t have Ruby Woo to compare (now I’m really regretting giving it away!), but there are many online reviews out there that claim they are very similar.
- It’s a cool toned retro red in a matte finish and incredibly densely pigmented. On my skintone it’s a deep ruby red and not as vibrant as it appears on other blogger’s skin tones.
- Available as an online-exclusive & embossed with a “Riri” signature.
- I find MAC lipsticks drying on me, so I have swatched it the way I would normally wear it – ie. over a long lasting lip balm which gives it a softer finish.
- Verdict: If you love the “Mad Men” retro look and are a fan of MAC makeup, you will like MAC Riri Woo. Personally, I like my matte reds with a more luxurious texture, such as Burberry Lip Velvet and YSL Rouge Pur Couture The Mats Lipstick.
Swatched over a layer of Mecca Lip De-luscious.
RRP: $36 AUD available exclusively online at www.maccosmetics.com.au
This product was provided for consideration.