Range: Kate Moss Lasting Finish Matte Lipstick
Shades: 107, 111, 113
Swatched by yours truly: Yishan
- Further to my other Kate Moss Lasting Finish lipstick swatches (Part 1 and Part 2), today I have the Matte Lipstick which comes in a total 6 matte shades in a new matte red packaging.
- Formulated with Ruby Powder, the velvety matte finish is incredibly lightweight and flexible, making it comfortable to wear. It does grip well to the lip surface, which means you get a richly pigmented seamless coverage, but the “character” of your lips stays visible with no particular smoothing effects other than the diffused matte finish.
- Out of the 6 shades available I received 3 shades – 107 (deep red), 111 (rich red) and 113 (nude). In real life, shade 111 (rich red) is a richer red closer to how it looks on the tube, as opposed to a bright red which the swatches suggest.
- The formula is non-drying & looks much softer when applied on moisturised lips, or on top of a moisturising lip stain. I only swatched 2 shades as I wasn’t so lucky with the nude shade 113, which clashed with my lip tone & accentuated every little lip flaw, even flakes I didn’t even know I had. Therefore I only recommend the nude shade if you have a pale lip tone & no issues with dry lips.
- Long lasting rich pigments that fade gracefully
- Verdict: The matte red lip trend is here to stay, so if you’re looking to add a matte shade or two to your lipstick wardrobe that won’t break your wallet I recommend trying Rimmel Kate Moss’s matte lipstick range. It’s pigmented enough that you only need a lip brush – no lip liner required.
Swatched over a layer of Nivea Lip Butter.
RRP: $12.95 AUD
These products were provided for consideration.