Brand: Tom Ford
Range: Jasmin Rouge Lip Color Collection
Shades: Cherry shades – Slander (pearl), Narcotic Rouge (matte). Crimson shades – Reckless (pearl), Diabolique (matte)
Swatched by yours truly: Yishan
- When Tom Ford re-launched their lipstick line in the now-signature mahogany brown & gold cases, one of the first things I noticed was the limited choice of red lipsticks in the range.
- Fast forward to today, and I’m pleased to unveil the limited edition of four red shades, inspired by the decadent and voluptuous fragrance of Jasmin Rouge.
- The collection features 2 shades of cherry red – Slander (pearl) and Narcotic (matte), and 2 shades of crimson – Reckless (pearl) and Diabolique (matte)
- As with the re-formulated Tom Ford lipsticks, they apply as though they were luxurious lingerie with unparalleled pigment with a soft, smooth & moisturised finish that’s long lasting.
- The difference in shades and finishes look subtle from looking at the bullet, and are only revealed once on lips.
- Verdict: Unlike other brands, Tom Ford’s interpretation of pearl finish is more of a subtle sheen making it more alluring under light. Despite being a die-hard matte lippy lover, there’s something about the combination of the luscious rich red & sheen that makes my heart lean slightly towards Slander, and I’d reserve Narcotic Rouge for days I want my lips to pop. Reckless and Diabolique are more suited to warmer skin tones – the former is lovely neutral warm red suitable for daytime, and the latter great for amping it up for a night out. A must-try if you’re serious about red lips.
Narcotic Rouge is a bright matte blue red. Slander is a decadent classic red with a subtle pearl sheen.
Both Reckless and Diabolique are warmer, richer reds. The pearl finish in Reckless softens the warmth in the shade, making it great for everyday wear.
RRP: $65 AUD
These products were provided for consideration.