Brand: Tom Ford
Range: Lip Color
Shade: Black Orchid
Swatched by yours truly: akisa
- Read my previous review of Tom Ford Lipsticks here.
- Black Orchid an intense wine shade that’s high maintenance, so I recommend using with a lip brush an lip primer such as Elizabeth Arden Advanced Lip Fix Cream instead of lip balm.
- Without lip primer, I found it slippery and sank into lip lines which is common in many deep wine lipstick shades out there.
- Click here to view other Tom Ford lipstick swatches.
- Verdict: Recommended for those who have minimal lip lines, or those that prefer a softer wine lipstick shade.
Attempt #1 – On Clarins Extra Firming Lip & Contour Balm.
It slipped around a lot, didn’t cover evenly & tendency to sink into lip lines.
Attempt #2 – On Elizabeth Arden Advanced Lip Fix Cream
No slip, and blended effortlessly into the lip surface. Turns into a soft wine shade once blended.
This product was sent for consideration.