Brand: Tom Ford
Shade: Cherry Lush
Swatched by yours truly: Yishan
Tom Ford Lip Colors are formulated with rare and exotic ingredients including soja seed extract, Brazilian murumuru butter and chamomile flower oil create an ultra-creamy texture with an incredibly smooth application. Specially treated color pigments are blended to deliver pure color with just the right balance of luminosity.
- Cherry Lush – a vibrant blue red – is a mini-sized lipstick that I picked up as a Gift With Purchase when I ticked Tom Ford “Jasmin Rouge” fragrance off my lust-have list.
- The new Tom Ford Lipsticks (black & gold packaging) are an improved formula from the previous version (white & gold) – a lot more moisturising, ultra creamy and feels soft and plush.
- The intense pigment & pliable texture makes it effortless to achieve a precise bold lip even when applying directly from the bullet as it glides evenly across the lip surface.
- The pigment is so finely milled that it does an amazing job at filling in all the lip crevices without needing a lip brush to blend, and takes several times to remove all the pigment completely from lips.
- Unlike the previous formula, you no longer need to use a lip balm beforehand, as it’s moisturising enough on its own.
- Lasting power is moderate, and fades into a diffused finish after a few hours.
- Verdict: If I had to choose between Cherry Lush and the red lipsticks from the Jasmin Rouge collection, it comes down to finish and hue. I’d recommend the Jasmin Rouge range if you like a soft-matte finish, and Cherry Lush for a creamy finish. The 4 shades in Jasmin Rouge lean towards warm tones, whereas there is no doubt Cherry Lush is a blue red which suit all skin tones, particularly fair.
Full sized Tom Ford lipsticks are RRP $65 AUD
I got this mini sized lippie as a Gift with Purchase.