Brand: Tom Ford
Range: Ultra Shine Lipgloss
Shade: Naivete (Limited Edition)
Swatched by yours truly: Yishan
- Launched as part of the Fall 2012 collection, Naivete is a limited edition shade described as a ‘violet pink’, but on me it’s more of a burgundy
- Tom Ford’s Ultra Shine Lipglosses are high in shine, plush in texture, and saturated in colour and provides a long lasting sophisticated lacquer finish.
- The long lasting properties are thanks to the moderately sticky texture, which also helps seal lips from moisture loss keeping it soft and protected from dehydration.
- Verdict: If you don’t mind a bit of stickiness, Tom Ford lipglosses are worth the splurge for its sophisticated range of shades, and its ability to sculpt lips beautifully into a voluptuous pout. A little really goes a long way, and Naivete is an effortless way to get onboard the oxblood lip trend.
- Beauty Tip: For an everyday look, apply only one coat & use your lips to blend it all over. The residue on your brush is enough to touch up the lip line & cupids bow. Or for a bolder effect – line the lips with a similar shade of lip pencil to intensify the shade (so you won’t need to over apply lacquer) and prevent feathering. Finish with a touch of gloss only on the centre of the lips.
I applied a generous layer for maximum effect, but in real life, that much gloss looked a little “over the top” (resulting in a little feathering) despite it looking gorgeous in the photo. Normally I prefer to use only half the amount I did for an everyday finish.
RRP: $60 AUD
This product was provided for consideration.