Usually when someone asks me what the best lipsticks are, I’d first ask them what’s their budget & occasion. But in actual fact, I have a personal top 10 favourite list at any given time. My favourites are driven by what I think is unique, comfortable & easy to wear with a beautiful finish that will guarantee people asking you what’s on your lips. Here are my personal favourite top 10 lippies of 2012.
1. BOBBI BROWN Creamy Matte Lip Color – the one that raised the bar for all other creamy matte lipsticks out there. Makes lips look like they’re dressed in soft fabric.
2. CLINIQUE Chubby Stick – balm-like in formula, and buildable in coverage, it’s convenience packed in a jumbo sized crayon.
3. CHANEL Rouge Allure – the new formula is absolutely flawless & sophisticated. Concentrated colour with no accentuation of lip lines, and lips feel and look “dressed up” in just a few sweeps.
4. LANCOME Rouge in Love – the only lipstick range I’ve collected 4 shades. Long-wearing yet featherlight, and melts on application, providing lips with long-lasting moisturising comfort and juicy shine.
5. HOURGLASS Femme Rouge Velvet Creme Lipstick – so creamy & snug on lips, and stays comfortable on lips for hours.
6. BURBERRY Lip Mist – it’s THE lipstick for minimalists. Weightless & coats lips with a moist luminous veil. Copper is now my new favourite nude.
7. TOM FORD Lipstick – the new & improved formula ticks all the boxes: sophisticated pigment, luxurious formula, moisturising, and incredibly plush.
8. GUERLAIN Rouge G de Guerlain L’Extrait – decadent velvet lip that looks matte but is actually quite soft. Guaranteed to attract compliments left right and centre.
10. BLOOM Super Glossy Lips – sculpts lips with a vinyl finish that creates the illusion of a fuller pout minus the tingle. Also the most affordable lippie in this list.